How to collect data
Growling Grass Frog (Litoria raniformis)
by Geoff Heard
2. In the FrogID app, sign up for "The Frogs Are Calling You" group to submit your data into.
3. Visit a site and make a recording in the app. Just after dark is the best time to hear frogs, but any time of the day or night is good to make a recording. Any wetland will do – even if it’s dry. It doesn’t matter if you can hear frogs calling or not – it’s important for us to know when the frogs are not active too. For ideas on places to record, see our sites page.
PLEASE CLEAN YOUR BOOTS THOROUGHLY BETWEEN SITES TO PREVENT THE SPREAD OF DISEASES - ONE OF THE BIGGEST THREATS TO FROGS.
4. Follow the instructions on the FrogID app to make a recording with your mobile phone.
5. Go back as often as you can and to as many sites as you can, to make more recordings. If you only go once, your data will still help, but the more information we have, the better. You don’t have to be in the exact same spot each time and you don’t have to go at the exact time.
6. Fancy a bit more data collection? You can take habitat measurements at your site.
8. We’ll keep you updated on how the project’s going and what we discover.